I always say I am not going to make resolutions and then each year I feel guilty for that. Not this year. This year I am making resolutions... but I refuse right now, up front, to feel any guilt if people or events or things don't turn out as I hope they will! I will take this year one day at a time. This year I will be me... just me. Take me or leave me, I don't need to live up to anyone else's expectations, just my own.
So here they are, My Resolutions, fifteen of them for the year--not in any particular order:
- I will write one poem per week. More if I am so inspired. And I will send them out to be published weekly, too.
- I will finish the second manuscript.
- I will lose 20 pounds. Seriously! I will visit the gym more!
- I will Detox on occasion and eat healthier and mindfully.
- I will clean my house better. At least one room per week; a very thorough cleaning.
- I will paint two (maybe three) bedrooms upstairs and finish the copper work in the kitchen.
- I will get rid of clutter by selling off or giving away collectables and books I don't need.
- I will read at least 200 books.
- I will spend (at least) one evening a week with my partner, having some quality time.
- I will do one cultural thing a month (museum, concert, galley opening).
- I will do (or try to limit myself to) one alternate fun event a month (SCA, Steampunk, cosplay).
- I will finally get back to writing on the novel.
- I will finish my freelance assignments before deadline!
- I will blog more this year!
- Last but hardly least, I will not worry about things I cannot control....
This will be a good year. I won't have it any other way! You have a good year, too!